Well, its getting to be that time of year again when I can’t wait to go barefoot and feel the warm earth under my feet. (Okay, its only the second week of February so I might have the ‘itch’ a bit early)
So, when I stumbled upon this beautiful Circle Necklace by Cre8tions Crochet I knew I could take the tutorial, change just a few basic things and have some beautiful foot jewelry.
Plastic Rings – I used 1/2, 3/4 and 1 1/8th inch
Size 10 thread – Aunt Lydia’s
2.25mm hook/3 steel
Sewing needle that you can thread the thread through, but is small enough to thread beads on
Keeping it simple – I followed the basic directions listed on Cre8tions Crochet – Circle Necklace (while using size 10 thread) for crocheting the circles, deciding circle placement (keeping in mind that it will go on my foot and not around my neck) and connecting/placing beads.
Where my design varies is –
Toe loop: Join with a Slip Stitch in the top of a Single Crochet working from front to the back, then Chain necessary length to go around my toe and join with another Slip Stitch in the same Single Crochet this time working from the back to the front, finish off. (this keeps both unfinished ends on the back) Tie a secure knot and then worked ends back under a few Single Crochets on the back side of ring.
Ankle tie: *Join with a Slip Stitch in the top of a Single Crochet working from front to the back, Chain necessary length to tie around ankle, and finish off*, repeat from *to* once more. Tie a secure knot where the two ties are and then work ends back under a few Single Crochets on the back side of ring.
If you are curious where I got those cute Nail Wraps, they are Jamberry! I really love them and are (in my opinion) so worth the time and money!
Copyright KatiDCreations, 2015. Feel free to sell, gift or donate any items made from this design. If you would like to link to this post you may take one photo.
You may also like these FREE Patterns:
This site contains affiliate links and I may be compensated if you click on one and purchase something.
I love spending hours visiting with my dear Great Aunt Annabelle (who is just getting ready to celebrate her 94th), that I decided that I needed to try something new with crocheting that she has been the inspiration for. My Dear Aunt is known for wearing rings, in fact a ring on every finger. I remember as a child sneaking into her bathroom and looking at them while they sit perfectly arranged in the jewelery box; the detail, the sparkle, the multiple colors and the size of them covering nearly half of her finger when she wore them. I know this is a special memory of her that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. Thank you for letting me share it with you.
So it is this memory that I have decided to try my hand at creating beautiful rings. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Put a Ring on it….A Crochet Ring!
Hook size 4
Aunt Lydia’s size 10 Crochet Thread
SS – Slip Stitch
CH – Chin
SC – Single Crochet
HDC – Half Double Crochet
DC – Double Crochet
DDC – Decreasing Double Crochet
Gauge is not important for this pattern.
Magic Circle is used to start all rings.
- CH1, 12SC in circle, join with SS in first SC
- CH1, DDC using same as joining and next stitch, CH3, *DDC using next 2 stitches, CH3*, repeat from *to* around, join in first completed DC
- CH3, SS in first CH, SS in CH3 space, CH3, SS in first CH, *SS in next DC, CH3, SS in first CH, SS in next CH3 space, CH3, SS in first CH*, repeat from *to* around, join with SS in joining of row 2
- CH necessary number to fit around desired finger, join with SS in space between Picots opposite starting CH
- CH1, 12SC in circle, join with SS in first SC
- CH6 (counts as first DC and CH3 space), skip a stitch, *DC in next, CH3*, repeat from *to* around, join with SS in first DC
- *4DC in CH3 space, SS in DC*, repeat from *to* round, join with SS in joining of row 2
- CH necessary number to fit around desired finger, join with SS in space between Shells opposite starting CH
- CH1, 8SC in circle, join with SS in first SC
- CH1, HDC in same as joining, CH4, skip next stitch, HTC in next stitch, CH4, skip next stitch, HDC in next stitch, CH4, skip next stitch, HTC in next, CH4, join with SS in first HDC
- CH1, SC in same as joining, CH3, SS in first CH, *5SC in CH 4 space, SC in HTC, CH3, SS in first CH, 5SC in next CH4 space, SC in HDC, CH3, SS in first CH, 5SC in next CH4 space*, repeat from *to* around, join with SS in HDC
- SS in Picot (CH3, SS in first CH), SS in space of skipped 2CH, CH necessary number to fit around desired finger, join with SS in third Picot of row 2
If you do not crochet and would like to purchase a ring please feel free to send me a custom request at https://www.etsy.com/shop/KatiDCreations?ref=si_shop
Published July 2014, KatiDCreations.com
Here are a few more things you may enjoy
Jamberry Nail Wraps